Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Curriculum Choices 2017-2018 8th & 6th Grade

I meant to get this post to you earlier, but this week we started school again.  The first week is always a learning curve, especially if you have new curriculum.  I cannot believe I have 2 middle schoolers.  Bryson is a little nervous because as he is now in 8th grade, wait, let me take a minute for that to soak in.  I'm not sure how we got to this point.  I'm gonna go cry in a corner now.  Ok, Bryson is a little nervous because his workload has increased and he's not diggin it.  It's always a struggle continuing to teach not only concepts but time management skills and the responsibility of finishing assignments, even in the evening.  We're pretty blessed considering, when my children disappear to their room, it is not electronics that we find there head buried in, it's a book.  So to get to it.  Bryson is headed into 8th grade this year and this is what we have chosen for him.

8th Grade:

Typing: Typing.com
P.E.: Family Time Fitness and He also works out with James occasionally
Music: Theory Time and Bass Guitar Lessons with Dad

He also participates in some of my sewing and cooking lessons (FFF helps :P).

Gavin is headed into 6th grade this year.  He is always trying to keep up with Bryson.  This is actually why he is only 2 grades behind.  When we first started Kindergarten, he found it too simple so we bumped him up a year, and I'm glad we did because his test scores last year were already high school level in some subjects.  This is what he will be doing this year.

6th Grade:

Bible: Bible Study Guide for All Ages
Typing: Typing.com
P.E.: Family Time Fitness
Greek: Elementary Greek, Koine for Beginners
Music: Theory Time and Electric Guitar Lessons with Dad
Lego Education
Art: Lifepac Art

He is also participating in sewing and cooking lessons.  I think I've covered it all.  Please let me know if you have any questions or just let me know what you guys are doing.  I'd love to hear.  All for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)