Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Saying Yes! Part 1

Recently I've been reading a devotional book on radical obedience to God, and it got me thinking about that statement.  Saying yes to God is often, in our society, considered radical.  It was at one point just considered biblical obedience but now goes against the flow of mainstream society.  It got me thinking about the times that I have chosen to say yes to God.  I'm hoping to start this "Thursday Thoughts" to inspire and tell a little of our story of how God has worked in our lives, the part that most do not know.  In our Bible reading this morning, we read in Luke 22: 31-34 it talks about being sifted like wheat.  When you sift flour, you remove unusable parts leaving only the pure and useful flour.  This can be painful when it pertains to our lives.  Obedience to God purifies our selfish nature, our wrong behaviors, and leaves a heart God can use.  The only way to be able to say yes to God is to constantly be in His word.  A relationship with God requires commitment.  You can't say yes if you are not listening and spending time with Him.  I recall a time when, very clearly, called me to send a specific book to someone.  I said yes.  This is a small example but in Matthew 25:21 we know that if we are faithful in small things, God will give us the bigger jobs.  Well, To not make this post ridiculously long, I hope to continue this next week.   I hope you are encouraged.  So, all for now. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)