Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, April 21, 2017

Fun Food Friday 4/21/17

Well, Friday again and another delicious dinner accomplished.  Tonight's dinner was Crockpot Sausage Mac and Cheese and dessert was Butterscotch and Chocolate Chip Brownies.  The boys did not want to be photographed.  That's pretty funny considering their mom is a photographer ๐Ÿ˜‚.  Ollie was not cooperative this evening so I didn't get very many pics of Ava either.       
My mac and cheese is super simple and a hit with the kids.  Recently I had a request for the recipe so I will post it.  

Sausage Mac and Cheese 

1 12 oz. can evaporated milk 
3 cups milk
1/2 stick of butter 
2 cups cheddar cheese 
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese or 1/2 block cream cheese (your choice)
1 pound of pasta of choice 
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbls Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp paprika
A couple shakes of nutmeg
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies 
1 pound smoked sausage

Mix all milks and seasonings in a large bowl.  Melt the butter and stir in.  Stir in the mustard and cheeses.  Stir in the pasta (dry), tomatoes and sausage (sliced).  Spray your crockpot and pour in Mac and cheese.  Cook on low for 3 - 3 1/2 hours.  Let me know how it works out for you.  Also if you would like the recipe for the brownies, let me know.  They are super simple.  All for now.  
 

2 comments:

  1. So I tried this today and the taste is great and I really wish my kids didn't dislike tomatoes. I did however misread it and put the crockpot on high instead of low. Eeeek. I added more milk and I think it might be fixed. Mostly. Oh well... next time :) Thank you for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely low on the crockpot. My crockpot also seems to cook a little high so sometimes I don't need the full amount of time. Usually more milk does help. ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)