Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Crockpot Pork Chops

Ok, so I figured I would post how I do my pork chops in the crockpot since I was asked recently, so here it goes. This recipe is great if you really need some comfort food but not a lot of fuss.  I always serve this with rice and green beans, but you could change up the rice for mac and cheese or mashed cauliflower (which we eat a lot of in this house).  The important thing to remember is to brown your pork chops before they go in the crockpot.  I season mine with seasoning salt and pepper and then brown in a sauté pan with a little butter and coconut oil.  You could just as easily use olive oil in place of coconut oil.  Put them in the crockpot and move on to your gravy.  Put 2 Tbls butter in a sauce pan on medium.  When it melts, put in 2 Tbls flour.  Cook that for a few minutes while stirring. You don't want your gravy to taste like flour.  While whisking, pour in 1 cup beef broth and 3/4 cup of milk.  I make more gravy than this usually since I'm feeding so many.  Bring to a boil until it thickens.  Season to taste with a little salt and pepper.  Always taste your food.  Pour over your pork chops and turn in on low.  6-8 hours and you are good.  If  making gravy is not your thing just mix together in a bowl 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and 2 cups of milk with a 1/2 cup sour cream.  I personally don't like using canned soups, too many unnecessary ingredients.  If you have any questions, just let me know.  I would love to know if you make it.  I can also try to help you out of you want to make this low carb.  All for now.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)