Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Woodworking Wednesday!!!!

I know, it's Thursday.  I meant to post this yesterday.  I've decided to start this little series to highlight and show off the pieces that my gifted and very talented husband makes.  I've been meaning to do this for some time now, but life happens and I prefer to enjoy it.  We like to build together and I have made a few pieces by myself, but he is definitely the carpenter in our house.  A lot of the pieces we (he) make are out of necessity.  I'll tell him what has popped into my head, draw up a rough sketch and he just makes it.  Most of the projects that we have created, whether it be wood or not, have been creations of necessity.  Several years ago hubby picked up this passion and has become very skilled.  I joke with him that a lot of the weight for our move will be power tools and things in the garage.  And it's always a plus that his passion has made us some money.  That's always a good thing, right.  The first piece I'll show off is a small piece.  A few months ago, he was approached by someone needing a display for a Louisville slugger baseball bat and wondered if they could buy a few from him, so he went to the drawing board, made a few designs and came up with this beautiful design.
After he built it, he brought it to me for customizing.  All I do is draw out the stencil and he wood burns it.  I love it and I think he did such a fantastic job.  'Til next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)