Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall Yumminess!!

I absolutely love greens.  All forms, mustard, turnip, collard, it doesn't matter.  So I figured I would post a recipe that I love.

Collard Green Soup

1 bag frozen collard greens (16 oz.) (You could substitute any greens)
2 small potatoes (peeled and chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
4 cups chicken broth
1 lb smoked sausage (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste

Super simple, throw everything in a crockpot and put it on high for 2 or 3 hours.  I like to make some cornbread to eat with it.  I'm old fashioned and lived with my grandma for 4 years so I like southern cornbread (not sweet) and I cook mine in my cast iron skillet.  If you would like my recipe for that, just let me know.  Let me know if you cook it.  I would love to hear how yours turned out and if you loved it.  All for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)