Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Remembering my Angel

October 12th we remembered our angel.  I spent the day constantly thinking about her last moments.  It was hard.  I found myself crying and going through her memory box.  She may have only lived for 24 hours, but she changed my life and views forever.  It's difficult sometimes to see a little girl that is around a year old and know that is where Addison may have been at this time, but I know that she is safe in the arms of my Savior.  I have experienced and felt a lot of emotions over the past year and to go over all of them would probably have me signing a book deal.  I can't even begin to describe in this blog what we went through during my pregnancy with Addison and how we have felt and dealt with our grief over the last year.  It is because of Addison and having to say goodbye that is partly the reason that I NEVER put Hannah down.  We are extremely grateful that God saw fit to bless us with Hannah just 2 weeks shy of Addison's 1st birthday.  When she gets older, we will tell her about her older sister. The way I deal with my children has changed.  To remember our angel, we sent up a sky lantern in her memory.
  Ironically October is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month and October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.  On that day, at 7:00 p.m., we light a candle to remember our babies that have passed.
We had our candle lit from October 12th, Addison's death date, until October 15th at midnight.  A few of the other babies that we remembered on the 15th were Andrew Hollingsworth, Goldie Mae Nichols, Pamela Hancock and a few others that may not have had a name yet.  We miss you Addison Grace.


2 comments:

  1. Erica, I've been thinking about you and your sweet family. I know your heart is full of all kinds of emotions. Prayers of peace for you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)