Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, July 26, 2013

I need Thee every hour!


So true!  As I woke up at 3:45 a.m., I laid there in silence, feeling my little girl going crazy because I had rolled over.  At 4:30, I gave up, got up, made some coffee and realized I hadn't really given up going back to sleep.  I was being called.  God said, "Come and chat with Me."  So I did.  Made my cup of coffee, sat down with my Bible and devotional and did my best to listen.  It's amazing that even in the silent morning hours when you know you're going to be so exhausted that day, God can give you such an amazing peace.  He says rest on me.  And this song came to mind.  I need Thee every hour, God, even in the wee hours of the morning.  So the next time you can't sleep, try having an early morning chat with God.  All for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)