Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reflections of 2012

2012 was such a difficult year for our family.  A lot of hard lessons were learned and our emotions were pushed to the limit with the birth and death of our beautiful Addison.  I'm not big on New Year's resolutions. I resolve to grow in every aspect of my life everyday.  Having said that, if I were to make just one, it would be to grow more in my relationship with God and to follow His will more whole-heartedly than I did in 2012.  He carried, and is still carrying, us through the most difficult situation we've ever faced.  So I decided to take a little inspiration from Ashley Sisk and show our year in pictures.  I hope you enjoy.
Me

A somewhat decent picture of me.  Not many of those ;P.

I Love You

My rock, I love him so much.  We've been through a lot.

Still Laughing

Not entirely sure what she was eating, but we still laugh about this picture.

Winter Wonderland

Last February, we had a blast that day.  Big Man and his snowman.

Birthday

It was so hard to choose between all the birthday pics, but I absolutely love the joy on his face in this pic.

Friends

My bestie, even if we do live 13 hours apart. ;P

I Was Inspired

The hubbie and I were inspired last February.  We walked into a goodwill and found this desk for just a few dollars and completely refinished it.  It is so beautiful now.

Spring Fever

This beautiful flower is on a bush right next to our front door.  So beautiful in the spring.

Travel or Vacation

In August, we wanted to go on a family vacation and involve Addison, even if she was still in the belly.  This was our trip to Lake Erie.

Summer Days

This is from our annual 4th of July water gun fight.

A Day in my Life


I figured that these two pictures together really capture a day in my life.

All Smiles

The bestest of friends, don't you just love those adorable smiles.

Autumn Harvest

Around the corner from our house.  It's so beautiful.  I'm definitely going to miss it when we leave.

Family or Home

Our entire family in 2012.

Celebrate!

We celebrate that our little Addison made it to term, was born alive and lived long enough to let her brothers and sister meet her and love her before going home.

Let's Do It Again

A few days after Christmas we all went to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for a little holiday vacation.  It was such a blast.

I Miss You

I miss my baby girl.  Addison Grace Frisk

Beautiful

This is such a beautiful shot and how much Princess Peat Peat loves her daddy.

Dress Up!

My handsome little man all dressed up.

Macro

Oddly enough this was the closest I came to a macro shot in 2012.  Weird.

Holidays

Our yearly Christmas pic.

My Favorite


So many, I narrowed it down to these two.

Don't Ever Change



Love these two so much.  

Just Because... So There!

There is something I absolutely loved about this profile of the princess.  One of my favorite.

Hopes and Dreams!


My hopes and dreams are my children and that we will see Addison again one day.

I hope you enjoyed a look back at our 2012 and we are hopeful (God willing and the creek don't rise ;P) that 2013 will be a year of joy.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)