Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Do Not Fear

My devotion this morning started with a verse.  One verse and as soon as I read the verse I broke down.  This is definitely a heart sharing post.  Isaiah 41:13 says "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."  But I'm scared to death God.  I don't know how not to fear.  I'm not in control.  And He says to me, Be still and listen.  (Sometimes I wonder if God doesn't need to smack me in the face to awaken me from my hysterical fits.) He says to me "I AM".  I will take hold of your right hand.  DO NOT FEAR.  It's amazing how many times (depending on the translation) Fear not, or do not fear appears in the Bible.  Over 100 times, and yet we let fear and anxiety get the best of us in so many situations.  He says "I will help you."  As I plead my case before God this morning, admitting my fears, He says to me I will take your right hand, just trust Me, and when you fully accept My help and let me lead, your feet will not even be touching the ground.  Trust me and DO NOT FEAR.  All for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)