Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week in Review: Homeschool Success

Well, we started homeschool back up this week, and, I have to say, it was quite a success.  Despite the interruptions of a doctor visit due to poison ivy, a modem crash and our internet being out for a little bit, among other things, it went quite well.  We had a blast and started it out with lots of neat new projects.  We've been homeschooling now for a couple of years and always look forward to a brand new year.  Big Man is in 3rd grade this year, Goose is in 1st  and of course,  the Princess has to be included so I do some preschool stuff with her.  She doesn't let me forget about her school time. ;P.  You're probably wondering, "Why start so early?"  This year we are planning for the unknown of October.  Miss Addison Grace is due on my birthday and, of course, we're not sure how this birth is going to go.  We took lots of pictures (of course, hello, photographer ;P) so to make sure to remember it all.  We did everything from making dried fruit to learning (what my kiddos thought) was the longest memory verse ever.  We started some lapbooks for History and Geography and read together..... a lot :).  I even learned from Goose during a review of History that the explorer who circumnavigated the globe in 1522 was named Magello.  Looking forward to another fun week of homeschooling with I'm sure some more interruptions.  We just roll with it.  We will be seeing Addison this week since we have another ultrasound coming up.  I'll make sure to post an update of our process and how we are doing.  As most of you know, photography has been a large part of my life for a very long time, so I have a few things going on in that area as well.  I do not push that area as much though since God has called me to homeschool and teach my kiddos, but I do love picking up a few jobs here and there every now and then.  I have some pics from this week that I will share and I will make sure to post an update on Addison.  Please continue to pray for her and us as well.  For now, I'll leave you with a little video of a silly little girl.  All for now.
     video


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)