Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What Works for Me Wednesday

First things first.  I'm going to made a note of what's on my sidebar.  The Proverbs 31 woman, a standard that I have always tried to uphold in my family and household.  Of course, the key word here is tried. ;P  It's important for you to understand that what works for one person will not work for you.  Don't expect to find on this blog or any other for that matter a lifestyle and schedule that will solve your problems and work for you and your family.  It's good to find bits and pieces and find out exactly how to put together your own.  This series will be a view into what I have learned over the past, oh jeez, probably 15 years to help make things fun and run smoothly.  Proverbs 31:15a says "She also rises while it is yet night." I absolutely feel like this is a necessary step in my household.  I have chosen a discipline to get up at 5:00 every morning, (get my coffee, necessary step ;P) and sit down for my Bible reading.  This is a very important time for me. It's quiet and the kiddos are still asleep.  I feel like I can have my alone time with God to truly seek His will for that day.  And to beg for help so I don't screw it up. Even if you can't get up at 5:00, just getting up a little before the kiddos to seek God and His plan for that day makes a world of difference.  I hope you guys will enjoy this series and I want to know if you guys have this discipline.  I'm starting small because their is no way I could throw everything in my house at once,  you might run screaming in the other direction ;P.  All for now.


Do you guys get up early or do you like to sleep in?

6 comments:

  1. I sleep in. I hate the mornings. Granted, I do have to wake up early to get my son to school but on weekends I like to sleep in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a challenge sometimes for me. Especially if my thyroid meds aren't where they need to be ;P. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, we get up early. Usually between 5- 5:30 so we can have our coffee time together & discuss the day. Then the hubs gets ready for work & I head into my office. I see him out around 8 & that is when the kids emerge from their rooms. It's good to have those few hours of quiet in the morning. We do it even on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a day at my house Gina (I mean to a T). :)

      Delete
  3. Every time I try to get up earlier than the kids, one of two things happens- someone gets sick or wakes up in the middle of the night, causing me to be up super late, or someone wakes up up super early, even before my alarm. :D
    I'm not going to jump on this tip just yet, because its not realistic with where we are in life right this moment. But once we get to CO it is the first thing I'm going to start. Begin as you mean to go on. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are a little hectic with you guys getting ready to move. Not the best time to start a new routine. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)