Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Full Post

Ok, so I'm gonna cram a lot in this post.  First, we got back to school last Monday and jumping back into our routine was great.  We had quite the little snow storm so we might as well learn if we're going to be stuck inside. FFF was last night and we got lots of pictures, but they're on Big Man's new digital camera he got for Christmas (takes after his mama ;P).  He wanted to take the pics.  We had Herb Crusted Pork Loin (oh we love this) and roasted veggies (potatoes, brussel sprouts, carrots and mushrooms).  If you want my recipes just let me know.  Now to the challenges and projects.  It's a new year and I don't want to miss anything with my kiddos so, I've decided to start a 365 photo challenge. At least one photo a day.  It doesn't have to be a shot that is set up, just an everyday shot.  I would love for you to join me.  At the end of each month, I will pick my favorite shot of the month and post.  I want to see yours too.  If I like more the one, I'll probably make a collage.  I'll decide that later.  Also, bad habits are terribly hard to break, but I'm gonna try.  I've stopped biting my nails.  Keep me in your prayers about that ;P.  Ok, now to the projects.  I'd like to complete at least one project a month, this month I decided to take Little Woman's desk and hutch in her room and change it up.  Here is the before.
I wanted to do something with that boring background.  I like the back of my bookshelves to have a pop of color or something different from the rest of the bookcase.  Here is what I decided to use.
Here is the new bookcase.

Don't you love it.  Ok, I told you this was a full post so on to the next thing.  Since the hubby is such a wonderful carpenter he loves to involve the kids in these opportunities so we take the kiddos to the Lowe's Build and Grow clinic.  Today's activity was a castle.  Here are some pics of the kiddos building.


I hope you enjoyed and stay tuned for the next post.  All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)