Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Decorated for Thanksgiving

I have just recently been introduced to this thing called Pinterest.  It seems to be pretty neat, so in the spirit of Pinterest and decorating for the holidays, I figured I would post a few pictures and pin them of some ideas that I came up with before this lovely new website.  This is what my dining room looks like for Thanksgiving.  I hope you enjoy.  Almost everything was super cheap, a goodwill find or homemade.
In this picture is my absolutely beautiful console that my hubby made.  My menu board that I made.  My pumpkin bowls that were a gift from my bestie.  I repurposed them as a decoration.  A vase from goodwill.  Fake flowers from Walmart and a fall runner I made last year.
These are the decorations I have on my kitchen table (my hubby made this also).  Another fall runner that I made this year.  Some pumpkins I got at goodwill a few years ago.  Two candles that I found on crazy cheap clearance at Target last year and a vase from goodwill filled with more pumpkins and leaves.  Here is a closer pic.
My cute little bowl from walmart a couple of years ago with some acorns that the kiddos found in the yard.
I also needed a bread basket for my homemade yeast rolls on Thanksgiving so I went to goodwill a few days ago and found this cute basket for 1.50 and took some left over fall fabric and put in inside.  Now it's ready for my bread.
Well I hope you enjoyed a walk through my kitchen.  All for now.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I love seeing how other people are decorating, it gives me ideas! :D I don't have a kitchen space to decorate.. maybe I'll put up some pictures of our table before we eat. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)