Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, February 7, 2011

Week in Review Jan 31- Feb 6

What a full and wonderful week. I don't know about anybody else, but my week flew by. I guess it's true what they say. Time flies when you're having fun. We have such a full house that it is never a dull moment here, but we always have a blast. Don't get me wrong, we have the tantrums, the meltdowns, the craziness, but we just take it one step at a time. This past week, Big Man was studying women in the OT. One of the lessons was about Naomi and Ruth. Well one of our activities was coloring baby Obed (the son of Ruth and Boaz). He looks a little round if you ask me, but ok. Check out some of the pics of that activity. By the way, I did say this was Big Man's lesson, but Goose has to be involved with whatever big brother is doing. Even Little Woman wanted to help too, but I think she was a little occupied with showing off for the camera.
Even Big Man and Goose had to stop and cheese it up
Of course, then Little Woman got upset because she didn't have a baby Obed to color.
Check out the finished product. I told you...... a little round. :P

For Goose this week, we were reviewing the letter M so this is my little men making Moon cookies. They were tasty. Of course, Big Man said you can't leave him out of anything that involves food. He is his father's child ;P
We also had an impromptu science and bible lesson combined about the Pileated Woodpecker and the wonderful hand of our creator. The Pileated woopecker is the largest woodpecker in North America and pecks at a rate of 20 times a second with a force of 15 mph. If you get the chance, look it up how they can peck that hard and their little brains not turn to mush. Our heavenly father definitely had a hand in that one. After reading the info to my hubby, he made the comment, "How can anyone not see the hand of a creator in that. It's amazing how God works." My thoughts exactly. Check out what prompted this science lesson.

Isn't it gorgeous. He was VERY big. I was glad he stayed until I got my camera. We also had some pretty neat art projects this week, one involving printmaking. Again, this was one of Big Man's assignments, but Goose couldn't be left out. Luckily Little Woman was asleep for this one.

Ok, about my craft of the week. I really thought I was going to have to tell you I didn't get to do it, but Friday night I finally got to sit down and do it. While I was working on my craft, I got to listen to some beautiful music. As some of you might know my hubby you already know this but we have a passion for music and I love to hear my hubby play guitar, so while I was working on my craft Friday, the kiddos watched a movie and hubby played the guitar for me while I was working.
Even little woman had to help Daddy play (she doesn't really sit through movies yet)
Well, I guess you want to see that craft now, huh. Well, this week I felt like Big Man needed a little school bag for carrying his books. Sometimes we have learning time at the library and I wanted him to be able to carry his own books. I hope you guys enjoy.

I truly am thankful for a wonderful week and can't wait to see what is in store for this one. I hope you guys have a blessed week. All for now.

3 comments:

  1. Super cute bag! Loved the woodpecker picture, btw! I can only imagine how excited the kids were to watch him. Good blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't that woopecker awesome! Thanks Ka Ka :P!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you are doing a wonderful job with the children!!!
    Really do miss you all and thank you for sending me the blog so I can keep up. Love you all Holly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)