Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week in Review Jan 24- Jan 30

What a wonderful week we have had. It was a little uneventful because I have been sick, but I think God has used this slow-paced week to show me what He has given me..... and to prepare me. A very dear friend of mine recently blogged about the battle we face when we are following Jesus. That could not be more true. In fact, some of the biggest battles you will face as a christian is with yourself and your selfish nature (speaking from experience here). Apparently though, God definitely has a plan because the hubby and I have unknowingly been on the same page about a few things. God has laid Haiti on our hearts and there are a few things that we are praying about and we would like to ask you to pray for us as well. Our wonderful new church family is creating crisis care kits to send and we very excited about that, but please continue to pray as God leads our hearts. On another note, homeschooling this week was awesome. This was a blessing since I did not feel good. We actually did a lot of art this week and the kids had a blast. The only frustrating part for the boys was trying to convince Little Woman to not help with EVERY project. Check out the pics.


Ok, now I know some of you are wondering about the craft of the week. Did anyone guess it? Well this week my inspiration came from a couple of places. Every Sunday afternoon, I sit down, clip coupons and plan my meals for the next week. I've always wanted a way to display those meals so everyone knew what we were having (and to keep myself on point). I researched a lot of different ideas and discovered a blog of someone who created a menu board. So I took a look at hers and made my own. It is a little different from hers, but I made it to suit me and my family. It was a quick little craft that definitely comes in handy and I love using it. Check it out.

I hope you enjoyed my week as much as I did. Keep looking for the new area of the blog. Monday Savings. All for now.

3 comments:

  1. love it! I need to get back in the swing of updating. I just realized its been an entire month! Need to pick back up my Translation Tuesday.
    Let me just say, we might be on the other side of the world from you, but you are still an inspiration to me. :) Each time I read your blog, the part about the 'discipline you have chosen' gets me every time! :D I think I need to figure out a way to get up earlier, without waking up the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica,
    It's me again. haha :-) When I read your post my mouth fell open and all I could say was WOW! (about Haiti). I don't know if you knew this or not but after my brother graduated from BCHS my parents moved to Haiti to serve as missionaries. Haiti has always had a special place in my heart. We will be praying with you as you seek God's will in this area of your life. My parent's blog is
    love4haiti.blogspot.com
    if you are interested.
    BTW, I love the menu board! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, thanks so much. It's nice to know that someone is inspired. You definitely need to update as well.
    Lori, thank you so much. I was encouraged when I read your comment and went straight to your parents' blog. Thank you for your prayers. They are appreciated and needed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)