Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, November 19, 2010

Have Thine Own Way

They say confession is good for the soul. Well, it is. As I sit with my Bible I am reminded that it has to be real. It's not about feelings. It's about whole-heartedly serving our wonderful God. Joshua said it perfectly. "Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15. It can't be about feelings. Those can change on a dime. People are fickle. When we make that commitment openly with our mouths, we're more inclined to follow through. (Romans 10:9-10) Some say it's a cop out, the easy way out. We don't want to deal with life so we claim that "God" will help us and He'll take care of us. The ugly truth is daily surrendering that selfish and human heart and looking back to see the mess you've made without Him. You want the real truth, He is the one who won't screw it up. As I sit and write, one particular song comes to mind. "Have Thine Own Way, Lord".

Have thine own way, Lord
Have thine own way.
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after THY will,
While I am waiting yielded and still.

Did you catch that, THY will, yielded and still. I don't know about you, but that's quite a difficult task for someone with a strong and independent personality. So hows that for a cop out. This is not the easy way out, but this is most definitely the way I have chosen and am proud to serve and daily surrender to the Creator of our universe. If you get a chance, check out the rest of the verses to that beautiful song.
"As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."
All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)