Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation!!!!!!!

Whew!! What a blast. My wonderful hubby has been on vacation for about a week now and last week he said, "Let's go somewhere." Actually, that's not true. His exact words were, "Let's take the kids to Sea World." So in the car we go and it's off to San Antonio. Once we got there we didn't waste anytime. We got there in the afternoon so we immediately checked into the hotel and headed to the Riverwalk. What a beautiful but confusing city. It took us a few minutes just to figure out how to park. While we were driving, I was snapping.




We walked and explored the city and headed to the Rivercenter Mall. There is a very cool exhibit called Dinosaur-Quest that we wanted to take the kiddos to see. Then we were off to explore the riverwalk. The kiddos thought it was so cool. It was very pretty. Visually, this city is very interesting with the strange shapes and smooth lines.

We then headed back to the hotel. Day 2, we got up, got dressed (in swim clothes), got breakfast, yumm Denny's, and headed to Sea World. The park opens at 10:00 and we got there at 10:30. I don't have any pics of us in the park because the hubby convinced me that I would be having too much fun and getting a little too wet to take my very expensive camera. Good point. So I took a few shots before we went in.




We had such a blast at the park, even the little woman. We didn't leave the park until 8:15 that evening. Whoa, full day. We grabbed some food really late and headed back to the hotel. We decided that we would not eat supper at the park since lunch cost us our first born. When we got up the next day, we got dressed, checked out of our hotel and got breakfast and then headed back to the riverwalk. We headed to The Alamo. What an interesting historical site. Me being a history lover thought it was the neatest thing to see where this famous battle took place and to be able to stand in the middle of it. I took lots of pics where I could, but I'm only posting a few.

Of course, my little woman wasn't too interested in history so she and I walked around while Daddy took the boys to explore.



After The Alamo, we decided to check out the Ripley's Wax Museum and got a great deal so we did the Ripley's Odditorium as well. It was awesome, but as I have forgotten to mention about our Sea World day, our kiddos are chicken and wouldn't do a lot of stuff. So off to explore more of the Riverwalk.




While we were there, there is a restaurant that I feel is worth mentioning. SCHILO'S Delicatessen, pronounced (She-lows), is this wonderful little German spot that we found that I was actually a little hesitant about at first, but the hubby convinced me and I'm so glad we did.


We then left San Antonio, but then decided that we didn't want to go home, so we took a detour to San Marcos, spent the night and did lots of shopping at the outlet mall there. It was so fun, but so hot. The kiddos also hated it. Oh yea, except the part where we stopped at the Disney outlet store and bought them some toys. We had such a blast on this vacation. This is the first vacation that we have taken and not traveled to see family. It was such a relaxing time to just get away, even with the kiddos ;P. I thank God for giving me this opportunity to spend time with my wonderful family and have such a great time. I can't wait to embark on our next adventure. All for now.








2 comments:

  1. So fun!!! Your kids are be-u-t-ful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pictures in front of the Alamo? Come on! You can tell you guys aren't Texans! But I know you guys got here as fast as you could! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)