Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fun Food Friday

Well, sorry its a little late. I was getting ready for my 5K and didn't get to post it. Friday we definitely had a new recipe but no recipe card for this one, well the dinner anyways. For dinner we had Salmon Alfredo (I know sounds weird) and Chocolate Chip Cookies. The Salmon Alfredo is off the top of my head so bear with me as I try to remember my recipe.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups milk
1 stick butter
1 to 2 cups parmesan cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it)
a couple of tsps of italian seasoning
a couple of tsps of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 can salmon (6 oz.)
1/2 package of spaghetti noodles

Heat milk and butter in saucepan until boiling stirring constantly. When sauce is boiling, remove from heat and add cheese stirring until all is melted. Sauce will thicken as it stands. Add flaked and drained salmon. Cook noodles according to package directions. Plate your noodles and add sauce. Hubby and I thought it was wonderful. Kiddos were iffy on the salmon, but loved the noodles and sauce. Ok, on to the Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup coconut shreds
1 bag chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate, my fav)

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and mix well. In a large bowl, combine butter ad sugars; mix until its light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix it well. Slowly add your flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir just until it is all combined. Stir in oats, coconut, and chips. Drop by spoonfuls 2" apart on prepared sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. It was super yummy. Kiddos loved them. Hubby ate the rest. Hope you like it too. Let me know. All for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)