Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

10 Things to Exhaust You

Top Ten Things about Traveling to visit family with 3 kids that will exhaust you.

10. Most people do not have room for you and your 3 kids so expect to sleep in the same bed.
9. Pick one centralized location that makes you comfortable because if you spend the night with more than one person, you're unloading the car yet again.
8. It's not just your suit case your unloading.
7. Do you realize how many bags you need for you and 3 kids just for an overnight stay.
6. If you do not see your family often, do not expect your kids to let them help you without hearing, "I want my mommy to do it."
5. It's amazing how many Disney movies you can listen to on an 1100 mile trip from TX to GA.
4. No matter how quiet your children are on the trip, when it is pouring sheets of rain, you will get white knuckle.
3. "I just drove 1100 miles with 3 kids, so you can drive 15 miles to see me."
2. It is inevitable, sleeping schedules and naptimes will be disrupted, BE PREPARED!!!!!
and the number 1 thing that is exhausting....
1. When visiting another state, it is inevitable, your children will probably be allergic to something in that state which will lead to sleepless nights and lots of medication. I'm glad I packed the medicine bag.

I am so very happy that I made it to GA to be here for the birth of baby girl. It has been a nice, but exhausting visit. I'm definitely looking forward to the fact that next time I visit, my children will be a little less dependent and hopefully a little less sick. I'm very excited to get back to my hubby. We miss him so much and can't wait to see him. We're headed back to TX on Saturday and will be happy to see my bed again. I'll keep you posted about my trip. All for now.

Erica

1 comment:

  1. Older women are great! I'm 3 1/2 years older than Jason. :) Funny to already think about marriage. I think we both realize what a huge decision it is though. Can never start too early!

    Hope you have a safe trip home with your three sweet ones!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)