Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Join the Resolution

Well, it's a new year. Of course, just like every year, we have those resolutions that we insist on making. My husband has a great one. Pray more, swear less. I finished P90X and am feeling great about that so there will be no losing weight resolution and more of a staying healthy resolution. I've been thinking about it differently than a "New Year's Resolution" and more of a commitment to God and it got me thinking about other areas of my life that I want to continue to commit to God. First is my time. I get up at the same time every morning and commit that time to God. That is my devotion time. Morning time doesn't work for everyone, but that is the reason that my day runs much more smoothly. You may not be able to get up early and have yours then, but definitely spend time with God and in His word. Elizabeth George wrote "Something is better than nothing, and always aim for more." My prayer time is another of my commitments to God. My children, whom I pray for every morning, are another commitment. I want to commit the ways I treat and teach them everyday. My homeschooling journey is something I pray about constantly. I believe it is important to know where and how God wants us to lead our children. One of the most difficult areas for some is the managing of our homes. I give it to God every morning and always have. Because of this, I have a schedule and routine that works well for my house. I thank God everyday that He has blessed me with the things I have and the people I love and want to always be available to be the helper to the ones who need guidance. All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)