Wisdom to Live By

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh, The Joys of well-baby check-ups

How is it possible to walk into a room with your child's dr. and within 15 minutes you feel like the crappiest parent alive. Ava is 6 mos. old today and we had her well-baby check-up this morning. She had to have 3 shots. My little woman took her shots like a trooper. The part that I hated was the weigh-in and the doctor visit. Ava is now 16 lbs and in the 60th percentile and 26 3/4 in. in the 75th percentile. The doctor then tells me she is not eating enough. I explained the "strike" from food that started a couple of weeks ago, and she tells me, "Well, you're just going to have to feed her." Maybe somebody can explain just how I'm supposed to feed someone that doesn't want to eat. I have decided that this is a load of crap and reminded myself that Ava is 16 lbs at her 6 month appt. So was Gavin. Bryson was only 15 lbs at his 6 mos. My little woman is gorgeous and I refuse to get stressed out about this. After all, she is a girl. Don't we want our girls to be smaller than our boys. Well, all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I look forward to reading each one. :)